- October 11, 2018
Puzzle 1 – Spot the Difference
Can you spot the six differences between these pictures?
Puzzle 2 – Spelling Bee
How many common words of 5 or more letters can you spell using the letters in the hive? Every answer must use the center letter at least once. Letters may be reused in a word. At least one word will use all 7 letters. Proper names and hyphenated words are not allowed. Score 1 point for each answer, and 3 points for a word that uses all 7 letters.
Puzzle 3 – KenKen Frampton
1. Fill in the numbers from 1 to 5.
2. Do not repeat a number in any row or column.
3. The numbers in each heavily outlined set of squares, called cages, must combine (in any order) to produce the target number in the top corner using the mathematical operation indicated.
4. Cages with just one square should be filled in with the target number in the top corner.
5. A number can be repeated within a cage as long as it is not in the same row or column.
Lengthened (3 points). Also: Delete, deleted, dented, detente, entente, genteel, gentle, length, lengthen, netted, nettle, nettled, teeth, teethe, teethed, tended, tenet, tented, tenth. If you found other legitimate dictionary words in the beehive, feel free to include them in your score.